Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome Emily

Emily Allen was born May 19, 2009 at 4:39pm. Weighing in at a (controversial) 7lbs 11oz, 19 inches long, and light brown hair. Contractions started as soon as I laid down to sleep at 11:00 Monday night. I left bed at midnight and Eric realized I was gone at 1:00, and we decided it was time to get ready and go to the hospital.

We arrived around 2:00 am, my blood pressure was high and they thought I was pre-eclamptic, I think I was scared out of my mind. We were admitted and I was given some Stadol for pain. It definitely took the edge off and I was able to get a bit of sleep. Around 8:00 they checked me and asked if I wanted the epidural, of course I did. (I don't deal well with pain). The epidural didn't hurt at all and was amazing. The only drawback was that I had absolutely no feeling in my legs and that was a little hard to deal with. I was checked at 3:15 and was 9.5cm, at 3:45 I was fully dilated. I pushed for 45 minutes and Emily arrived at 4:39. Bonus, Eric didn't pass out, but he had his own nurse in the room which we found out about later in case he went down.

We're both completely in love and awe of our beautiful little girl, she looks just like her daddy.

Here's a video of pictures we put together, make sure your sound is turned on. Maybe you should have a tissue ready, at least I needed one.



Finally, Congratulations to our baby pool winners!

In third - Aunt Carrie
Second - Uncle Chris

and with the Gold - Aunt Erica Your prize is a beautiful niece who can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. The video is beautiful! She is awesome! See you tomorrow ( :

    ReplyDelete