Baby's intestines have accumulated a considerable amount of meconium (the code name for black, tar-like baby poop), which is usually eliminated shortly after birth and gives us our first experience with the 100-wipe diaper change. Here's what else is up:
Baby might just scratch herself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now.
Baby's lungs continue to mature and her brain and nerve function are working better every day. The latter two will continue to mature until she is a teenager, at which point she'll know it all (or at least she'll think she does).
Baby weighs about 6½ pounds and is around 19 or 20 inches long—as long as a duffle bag.
Alright Emily, I've had my week off, come on out. Your daddy is ready to play with you!
I think she'll be in there a little bit longer though. I'm still not dilating at all, but we have another doctor's appointment Friday morning so hopefully we will have some progress. I asked the doctor and she will only let me go a week past due at the most. So the latest Emily should be here would be May 23 or 24th. I hope she comes on her own though.


You have dropped!!! Emily is coming soon!
ReplyDelete