Saturday, May 9, 2009

39 Weeks

One uncomfortable complaint of late pregnancy is frequent hiccups. No, not me, the baby. Because there is no air around baby, when she practices breathing, it can cause amniotic fluid to get into her windpipe, resulting in regularly spaced thumps that make me think I'm carrying a jumping bean in my belly. Other news this week:

The lanugo (soft, downy hair) that used to cover baby's body has mostly disappeared, but we may find a bit leftover on the shoulders, forehead and neck.

The color of baby's skin is changing from a red-pink hue to a white or blue-pink color. These changes are due to the amount of fat our little pudger is putting on. The circumference of baby's head and abdomen are about the same size now.

The placenta is lending baby antibodies that'll keep her strong and healthy after birth. That said, it's still a good idea to invest in that mega-size bottle of hand sanitizer.

At this point baby is about 19 to 20 inches long and weights about 7 pounds. That's just around the size of a large rabbit.

So, here are the finished projects. First the blanket:



Booties that I made this weekend:


Emily's coming home outfit:


And yes, the bags are (mostly) packed:



Alright little girl, come out!!!

I've made you a blanket, booties, mobile, and painting. I'm done, if you come out I might make you some more cute things!

No comments:

Post a Comment