Sunday, May 17, 2009

40 Weeks



That bun in the oven is fully baked! That's the good news. The possibly not so stellar news: Actually giving birth on your due date is hard to do—even for overachievers. In fact, many first-time moms go up to 2 weeks past their due date. Hopefully now that baby is cooked to perfection, she'll come bouncing out any day now. Other last-minute progress:

At birth baby has a total of 300 bones. Some of the bones will fuse together later, which is why an adult has only 206 bones.

Babies vary in size at this point, but the average full-term baby weighs around 7 to 8 pounds and hovers around 19 or 20 inches. That's about the size of a ... BABY!


Well, I don't have to worry about going 2 weeks late. Emily is being evicted on Thursday whether she likes it or not. Of course, I would prefer for her to come out on her own, but it satisfies the planning side of my brain to know that I only have a few more days left. I think I have everything ready to go, and we're doing a little more cleanup on the house today. Eric and I decided to go out to eat today for our last childless time. Nothing too exciting though.

For the last time Emily.....GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Never thought about it that way....last time out to eat childless! That gives me chills. You look beautiful. Can't wait to see you and to meet Miss Emily. So, does this mean she'll be chronically late the rest of her life? lol!

    ReplyDelete