Saturday, April 4, 2009

34 Weeks and Pictures

Baby kind of looks like she's coated in a layer of cream cheese these days. The thick, white substance that protects her skin from pruning in the amniotic fluid is called vernix. When she's born you'll probably see some vernix lingering in her "hard-to-reach" places like under her arms and behind her ears. Other news from the womb this week:

The soft fur, lanugo, that covered baby's body for much of her stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. Baby begins to develop her own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta.

This week, baby measures about 17¾ inches, as almost as long as an American Girl Doll and weighs almost 5 pounds, as heavy as a bag of sugar.

Nursery news: We got some pictures hung, the first is Emily's name that Eric's Aunt Jody made for her:



Here's her butterfly painting that I painted to go above the changing table:



The butterfly mobile almost done!! I have about 6 more strands to hang and then clean up all the fishing line:



The nursery view from the doorway, and then the changing table:



And finally, a little corner of pink. I had to get it in there somewhere!!



I got all of the bedding washed this week since Eric and I had planned to buy her a mattress. But, when we got to the store they had all been taken off the shelves due to some safety issue. I just hope she has a bed before she's born!

Plus this past 2 weeks we've been dog sitting Falkor, he is in love with Eric!! A couple of cute pictures, Eric and Falkor enjoying a beer, and Coughlin and Falkor sharing a bed.







(BTW, Thanks Mom and Dad for the new camera!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are wonderful. Love the Emily poster from Jody! The room looks beautiful.
    What a bummer about the mattress. She won't need one for awhile. She will love the bassinet. Tell Emily I can't wait to meet her! I am getting so excited!!!

    Love to all.!!!!
    Momma Meyer

    ReplyDelete