Saturday, April 11, 2009

35 Weeks and 35 Days to go!


This week the final touches are being added to our mini-masterpiece and most of her development is going to packing on the pounds. Baby's movements may be becoming less jerky, she may do her final somersault in the womb soon—to put herself into the head-down position for birth. (Actually, the doctor said she already has!!) Other fascinating facts:

She can't quite pack the punch she used to due to the limited space inside the womb these days. I'm feeling more wiggles, stretches and rolls than kicks and jabs. The extra layer of fat baby is adding will create those cute dimples on her elbows and knees. Her liver has begun processing waste products, so we know which organ to thank when she has her first blowout up the back of her onesie. I'll let Eric handle that one.

Baby's nails are growing so long they may curl over the tips of her tiny fingers and toes before she sees a pair of clippers. She'll be in serious need of a mani-pedi once she's born, so will I.

Baby is now about 5½ pounds and over 18 inches long—about the size of one of those price-club sheet cakes.

I'm also adding a baby pool on the side. You can put in your guesses about weight, inches, due date, hair, time, and eyes. Good luck, but I may have to curse you if you think she is coming after the due date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment