Baby's lungs and immune system are maturing this week as baby prepares for her grand entrance. If she were born today she would have an 85 percent chance of surviving as her lungs are capable of breathing air (with medical assistance, of course). Other exciting developments:
Baby's done a lot of growing over the past few months. Her length has more than doubled in the past 15 weeks! And that's not the only thing growing—baby's brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace. Her brain waves are now firing away just like those of a newborn baby.
Baby now weighs in at approximately 14½ inches and just over 2 pounds, or about the size of a roast.
Next week Eric's parents are coming into town and we're painting the nursery!! I'm so excited. Plus they sent little Emily some diapers and outfits for Valentine's Day. Hope everyone is enjoying the day. I spent it doing 5 massages and came home to only the dog since Eric is out of town this weekend =(. That's ok though, because we had a great date night last weekend. Today was my last Saturday at the health club!! Yay!!! Which is really good since I had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions from being on my feet for 8 hours today, no worries all is good now. 13 weeks to go (or 11 if I'm lucky).
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment