Saturday, January 10, 2009

22 Weeks



The baby's hands have grown bigger and stronger and the nerve endings in her fingers have developed her sense of touch. She's in there testing out her newfound abilities by touching her face and grabbing the umbilical cord.

Baby's hair is now a short, bright white crop. No matter what color it will end up—RED, blonde, black—all babies' hair lacks pigment at this point.

The baby has started growing taste buds and may be able to detect strong flavors in the amniotic fluid. If you could see inside, you might catch her sticking out her tongue for a taste and then grimacing.

The baby now weighs almost a pound and measures almost 11 inches, head to heel.

In other news, we ordered our first gift courtesy of momma Meyer. OUR CRIB!!!

Mission Bay Convertible Crib - Click for Larger View

We should have it by the end of the month or early February. I can't wait.

My parents are coming into town next weekend, my mom and I are going to go and register. I'm excited because she bought some things for baby and I can't wait to see them. It's all starting to come along now!! I don't know whether to be excited or scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment